Team Metro Spice Co.
I Need Comfort Food.
Shrimp and Grits is one of the all time favorites for comfort southern eating. We all need comfort food. Especially now. With this quick and easy recipe you can have the richness and flavor without the guilt. This dish features Donna Marie's Sweet Burn spice. Packed with amazing spices to deliver an intersection of heat and sweetness. Zero guilt because it is salt free.
1. Sprinkle shrimp with Sweet Burn spice. The more you add the spicier. Mix and let shrimp stand for 10 minutes.
2. Heat skillet to medium heat, drizzle with olive oil and add shrimp. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
3. Add shrimp to grits. My favorite is Quaker 5 minute grits. I like to add soy milk as I am cooking the grits. I find it makes the grits creamier and smoother than water alone.
· Sweet Burn Salt Free Spice (purchase at www.lovesaltfree.com)
· Shrimp peeled and deveined (6 per serving or quantity desired)
· Grits (1/4 cup per serving)